CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Decade Ago!!

In loving Memory Jean Alyse Allen SigmanOctober 9, 1936-Jan 20, 1999.

It was the hardest thing that I have ever had to deal with. I never knew how hard it would be loosing someone that you love so much.















Some of the qualities and things that I all love about her: (feel free to add some if I left any out)
FunnyLoving of anything and everyone
Caring
Compassion
Empathic
Wanted to be where everyone else was
Good listener
Never judged
Her love for the gospel
Her love for her family
Being fair
Great at her work
First woman judge in Utah
Being a fair judge
Love of life
Fall and the beautiful colors
Loved Christmas
Loved Grandchildren
Pranks
Celebrations
Family Get togethers
Her concern for us before she left us.
Be grateful for what you have
Be kind and loving always
Be positive
Always have a prayer in her heart.
The list could go on!!!

I will treasure the time that we had with her while she was sick. The things that she taught me then, I'll always remember. She held it together all of the time. I only saw her cry twice. What a pillar of strength for the whole family.

Her viewing and funeral were huge. I just remember what great tribute to mom. Everyone loved her.

I just finished reading this incredible book about this man who died and went to the spirit world and then got to come back and teach what he had learned. In it he said that God has our loved ones come to us when we need comforting and answers to our prayers.

I believe this, as I have felt mom at times. It's a comforting thought to know she is near when we need her.

I'm sure she is busy teaching the gospel... She always wanted to serve a mission here on earth.
Our lose is heaven's gain.... and I have to learn not to be selfish. I can't wait till I see her again and be with her and my family for ever!!!

One of the traditions that we have kept is that we girls go on a "Sister's Trip" each year around her birthday. We laugh and have fun and reminisce about what a great mom that we had. I love that trip so much.... We know that she is with us!I just hope that I can be the some what of a person that my mom was to me and to my grandchildren. To instill the values that she taught me.Till we meet again mom! I love you so much!!!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Mom.. that was an awesome post! I am so glad you did that.. I miss her so much too, and I did want to add something, she was always a perfect example of Christ.. I love you so much mom and I do see so much of Grandma in you!! Thanks for always being so awesome and willing to help me out when I need it! I love you so much!

heather going crazy said...

I love you Jan

Tennessee Sigmans said...

DEAR JAN, THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU POSTED AND THANK YOU FOR BEING A BIG SISTER TO ME, I MISS MOM A LOT AND THINK ABOUT HER ALL THE TIME, LIVING IN THE EAST AND FAR FROM YOUR FAMILY IS HARD AT TIMES, ALL THAT I CAN SAY IS THAT I HAVE YOU IN MY HEART. I LOVE MY SISTERS AND LOVE YOU JAN

Tennessee Sigmans said...

Thanks for sharing that about your mother. I wish I could have met her. But I know that one day I will. She sounds like a wonderful lady!

I am so glad to be a part of your family. I love you all!
Stephanie

Grammie & Papa G said...

Hi Jan,
I want you to know how much that meant to me. I loved your Mom. She was my favorite Aunt, I LOVE her with all my heart. I have the best memories of her. Visits with our familes togehter. Playing uno(cards) and caught her cheating!! The Best dinners and family reunions ever!! together. I miss those Allen reunions! My Dad has been gone for 11 yrs.on Feb. 22. I think about him each day. I do feel his presence with me. Especially when I'm in pain or sad, or worried He visits me. Mom says that I remind me of him in so many ways. I take that as a complainment.!!!
I know with all my heart, They are close by whenwever need them. Dad has come to me in my dreams when I need him the most. I know that Aunt Allyse comes to you also. And you look and act just like her too!!
I want to learn how to do the family blog. You need to show me.
I want you to know that I have moved up her. We live in Riverton its by S.Jordan. my address is 13281 S. 2480 W my hs # 878-4286 and my e-mail address is lisakaye7@gmail.com
Please give me a call, so we can talk.
Love your favorite cousin..jk
Lisa